1 Hit the 'play' button.
2 Click 'allow' if you see a popped up question in the browser.
3 Speak into the mic loudly enough - the line should start shaking!
We highly value your privacy.
All the tests are run in the browser - we DO NOT RECORD your voice or any other information on our server.
Waiting for microphone...
After making sure the microphone is turned on, you need to do the following:
1. First you need to open the "Control Panel" on your computer,
2. Select "Hardware and Sound",
3. Click "Sound".
4. In the window that opens, there is a "Recording" tab. This tab contains devices used to record sound.
5. Click on the "Microphone" device, a window opens with information about the microphone, and its parameters.
6. Next, open the "Listen" tab.
7. To start listening to the microphone, you need to check the "Listen from this device" checkbox and click OK.
8. After that, you need to say something into the microphone to hear your voice.
In addition to the standard tools, Windows has a sound recording option with which you can also check the performance of your microphone.
To do this, you need to click "Start", "All Programs", "Standard", "Sound Recorder". A small window will open, where there is only one button - "Start recording". We click on it and say something into the microphone.
Then we click "Stop recording", and we are asked to indicate the path to save the recording. Next, we save the file, follow the specified path, open it and listen to the sound quality.
Skype has two methods to check if mic works - fast and long. To quickly check the microphone, you just need to select any contact from the list of added ones, and click on the "Communication quality data" button. A window with microphone settings will open, where you should select your microphone from the list and click "Test". The program will record a few seconds and then play the recording.
Another way to test your microphone over Skype is to call a dedicated sound testing service. We select the contact "Echo / Sound Test Service", which is automatically added when registering an account, and click "Call".